cherry madness


I have been loving cherries from the bottom of my heart since... I can remember myself climbing up the trees of my grandparents' garden. They had five trees of different sorts and I used to pluck cherries in the basket feeling like the Little Red Riding Hood. And me studying abroad means no more cherries from grandpa's garden, so whenever I can indulge myslef in cherries, I never miss the chance, so I bought cherries in the Netherlands and decided to take good use of my new muffin papers :)

Cherry-Oreo Muffins




Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 large egg (beaten)
1/2 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup fresh cherries cut in small pieces
8 Oreo cookies (with the cream taken out)

Now how do we get them prepared: We first have to mix the dry ingredients together - the baking powder goes into the flour, and then we stir, we add the types of sugar prepared (of course you can make it with only one type - only white, only brown, whatever fits your taste) and leave that bowl aside. In a smaller bowl the egg is beaten, milk is added and mixed, butter is melted, but not too hot; all of the "wet" ingredients are slowly being added to the dry mixture and the result is the dough. Now we only add the cherries in pieces and the Oreo cookies have to be crushed to smaller pieces, we stir and there we go the muffin mixture is done...


A muffin tray is lined up with papers or grease and has to be put in a pre-heated oven at 175C for 20-25 mins depending on the oven, but is always better to check how they look like, even if u baked them 28mins or so. The result is smiley, sunny, and summery muffins that do not count, I repeat... do not count as something bad after you eat 4 of them... like meee. Enjoy :)

Comments

  1. Now..... if I wasn't too lazy and crappy in the kitchen area... I would do that >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you can manage :) but you need a special muffin tray otherwise they will goo blaaah without a round-shaped form, but I strongly will encourage you to try... after all I opened a blog after you were talking about it for a long time :D :*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts, pieces of advice and smiles are always appreciated :)

TRY THIS TOO!