healthy cilantro-cumin roasted carrots
Recently the highlight of my week is the visit to the only proper market I have been able to find in Prague - Pražská tržnice (and the farmers market in Hala 22). So while I stock up on colorful seasonal and fresh produce, weekly I get the two staples - carrots and cilantro/coriander - a bunch of each! And as much as I try, my cilantro usually dries up by the end of the week (as I am the only one at home eating it). So this time, I decided to use it up actively before the next market visit.
So I paired it up with those lovely yellow and orange carrots - thin enough to be baked in the oven quickly. They are a perfect addition to salads or as a side dish to your healthy meal!
Cilantro-Cumin Roasted Carrots
a bunch of carrots
4 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tbsp freshly ground cumin
2-3 tbsp olive oil
sea salt, black pepper to taste
- In a bowl we place the washed and cleaned carrots (I do not peel them) and sprinkle the olive oil and cumin, then we add the cilantro and salt and pepper
- Mixing well, we make sure that a maximum amount of cilantro leaves sticks to the carrots
- Place the carrots on a baking tray and bake for min at a pre-heated oven at 180C
- Any leftover cilantro leaves can be kept for a sauce (simply mix some almond milk, sesame tahini, hemp seeds, and the chopped cilantro leaves)
- Enjoy warm or cold, so simple, but so good!
PIN NOW, COOK LATER :)