the perfect sugar-free carrot cake
Perfect for a sugar-free month, kids parties, summer picnics, and what else not. Give it a try, it was absolutely delicious!
SUGAR-FREE CARROT CAKE
Recipe from my colleague Helena, who so kindly translated it from Dutch
50g almonds/almond flour
75g walnuts (in small pieces)
100g raisins (need to be pre-soaked for 15min)
2 ripe to very ripe bananas
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp cinnamon
baking paper for lining up a cake form
- Grate the carrots, sprinkle them with the cinnamon, mix well in a big bowl, and set aside.
- Put the bananas + dates + almond (flour) + oatmeal together and mix in a blender or food processor. If you are using whole almonds you would need a good food processor, try the blender if you use almond flour (which I found easier).
- Then add the eggs, the baking soda, and the lemon juice, and mix again. Add to the carrots/cinnamon mix with a fork or a spatula.
- Finally, step stir the raisins (without the water) and the walnut pieces through the cake batter with a fork or a spatula.
- Put the cake batter in a lined-up cake pan (mine is), spread it a bit for equal batter level across the whole form, and bake it in a pre-heated at 180C oven for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool down before you take it out of the cake pan. Decorate as you see fit and enjoy :)